Monday, August 10, 2009

What should I name my new blog?

At some point this week, I will start a second personal blog. Wayward will continue to include personal updates and religious (Episcopal) items, while the new blog will contain my political thoughts. I'm going to do this for several reasons - one, I will be less hesitant to throw up short posts or unoriginal things like links and videos for fear of knocking real substance off the frontpage too soon; two, perhaps some people leery of linking to a religious blog will be more willing to include a political page on their blogrolls; and three, "Wayward" is way far down on alphabetical lists.

That's where you come in, dear readers. Any suggestions as to what I should name my new blog, preferably something starting a bit higher than "W"? I wanted to go with "Green Dog Democrat," but alas, that's taken. Other thoughts I've had include "Blue Moose Democrat," "Lamp Shade Politics," "From the Bayous to the Mountains," and "Bayous, Pines, and Prairies." Please give one of those names a thumbs up or suggest a new one!

6 comments:

Dogwalkmusings said...

Nathan Hails!

Nathan Empsall said...

HA! My mom would *love* that! I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but I'll have to remember it for something else down the line and it'll get a good laugh at dinner tonight. :)

Jordan said...

Green Dog Mail Call?

Nathan Empsall said...

Intriguing, but looses the connection to the full phrase "Blue Dog Democrat."

Between here and Facebook, I've heard some good stuff, but nothing to sway me from Blue Moose Democrat...

Dogwalkmusings said...

I love Blue Moose Democrat but are there any in Nebraska?? Lol!

Jordan said...

Go with Blue Moose Democrat then; assuming someone hasn't beaten you to the punch.