Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"My Stalker just Grunted on my Twitter"

"Twitter" is everywhere. I can't seem to escape it. Every morning, it's everyone in my Politico and NBC newsletters. David Gregory, Rick Sanchez, half of Congress, they all twit tweet! And maybe I'm sixty years too young, BUT I CAN'T STAND IT!!! ENOUGH!!! The words sound silly - "twitter" and "tweet" - and the concept is borderline ludacris: 140 word blips for those whose attention span can't even hold a Facebook status update. Now, I could deal with that, except for what the Twits are being used for - Congressmen at the State of the Union were twittering every last inane thought that crossed their mind, no matter how irrelevant, personal, or silly it might be, and the journalists who cover them are even worse. And yet, all of them seem to think it's just sooooo important and vital. I say, ENOUGH!


(For more on Twitter, see this article from the Colubmia Journalism Review.)

2 comments:

Dogwalkmusings said...

I saw the Daily Show last night and had a good laugh. Do people who Twitter have nothing more to do with their lives? And who cares anyway??

Anonymous said...

This is unrelated, but I was just wondering your theological views on salvation/the Gospel?

Appreciate the blog. Thanks man!