Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pictures from the national Episcopal college student gathering

Last month, I attended the Episcopal Church's quadrennial national gathering of college students in Estes Park, Colorado("Gather," themed "Seek, Embrace, and Embody (S.E.E.) the Light"), and then blogged quite a bit about it earlier this month. The one thing I left out were the pictures... so here they are! It took so long to get these up because they're all stolen from other people on Facebook. I have a grand total of 72 pics from Gather uploaded to Flickr.com, including many more of snowshoeing and the beautiful scenery. This is but a small sample. Click to enlarge; proper credit is given to the photographers at Flickr.

The view from the YMCA of the Rockies


The chapel at the YMCA of the Rockies


Hanging out with cool people at lunch (guess which one I am)


Snowshoeing at Bear Lake (me in the brown Carhartt jacket)


A 22-player game of Apples-to-Apples


One of the rare photos of Doug not in his West Point uniform


The New Year's Eve Eucharist


New Year's Eve Banquet


My roommate Mario and my friend Amanda at the New Year's Eve dance party

7 comments:

Jordan said...

Are you the one with the blue lanyard?

crazyzoid said...

wow...I enjoy reading...

nice post..

Jordan said...

West Point Uniform?

Nathan Empsall said...

As I mentioned in an earlier post about the conference, and as you can see if you click through to the Flickr gallery, Doug is a West Point cadet. They're college kids too...

Nathan Empsall said...

If you look close in the banquet picture, you'll see him in the middle at the table next to me in grey wool with yellow stripes.

Jordan said...

So he's a corporal with those two stripes right? :D

Nathan Empsall said...

No, cadets actually rank above enlisted men. They've got their own rank system; couldn't tell you what it is, though.