Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pictures and videos from the Lincoln Memorial concert

Here are some photos and videos I took at the “We Are One” pre-Inaugural concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday. For more photos, see my Flickr page; for more videos, see my YouTube channel. Tomorrow I’ll post Metro and Inauguration anecdotes, photos, and videos. For my written description of the concert, read this previous post.

The gathering crowds:

They closed security right behind me, I was one of the last in!

People sitting on top of porta-potties to see:

Bishop Robinson’s Invocation:

President-elect Barack Obama:

U2:

Bruce Springsteen, Pete Seeger, and Tao-Rodriguez Seeger:

An art vendor depicted Obama as Che. Pretty disgusting:

Garth Brooks stealing the show (video):

James Taylor with John Legend and Jennifer Nettles singing "Shower the People" (video):

No comments: