- My good friend Cinnamon Spear
- The Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson, Episcopal Bishop of New Hampshire
- The Rev. Canon Henry Atkins, a previous rector of mine and a civil and human rights warrior
- The Rt. Rev. James Waggoner, Episcopal Bishop of Spokane
- John-John, my mom’s dad, a man who dodged mob ties to build his own honest fortune and continues to pass along his values in his 8th decade
And an honorable mention: I would add Vice President Joe Biden to this list, but I have not interacted with him enough to be able to claim I really know him personally. There may have been a time when he would have recognized my face, but never my name, and even that time is long past. Still, his life story and his enduring values are both remarkable and inspiring.