I'm surprised I didn't get more country or Christmas songs in there. Oh, well. Here we go!
1. Put your iTunes on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG TITLE DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
1) IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
“Cadillac Ranch” (Chris LeDoux)
2) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
“Throwing Stones” (Capitol Steps)
3) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
“Spirit Fall on Me” (Ross King and Breakaway)
4) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
“The Dirt Road” (Sawyer Brown)
5) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
“The Music Box” (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)
6) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
“O sacred convivium” (William Byrd)
7) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
“I Hope that I Don’t Fall in Love with You” (Tom Waits)
8) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
“Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” (Blues Brothers)
9) WHAT IS 2+2?
“Orange Juice Blues” (Bob Dylan and the Band)
10) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
“All Because of You” (U2)
11) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
“Winter Wonderland” (Perry Como)
12) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
“Chorus: And the Glory of the Lord” (Handel, Dartmouth Glee Club)
13) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
“King Arthur Suite: Allegro” (Texas Brass Quartet)
14) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
“Winter Wonderland” (Hampton String Quartet)
15) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
“Amazing Grace” (Lee Greenwood)
16) WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
“We’ll Meet Again” (Vera Lynn)
17) WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
“Maybe We Should Sleep On it Tonight” (Tim McGraw)
18) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
“Sea of Heartbreak” (Johnny Cash)
19) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
“Andante con Variazioni” (from Beethoven’s Piano Sonata #12 with Ralph Homes and Richard Burnett)
20) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
“My Old Friend” – Arlo Guthrie
21) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
“Fire and Rain” (James Taylor)
Wow, it gets pretty accurate from about #6 onwards. #7 is hilarious, and I *love* that #11 and #14 are the same! And now for game #2:
“Put your iPod/iTunes on shuffle. Write down the first lines of the first twenty songs to form a poem. Exclude instrumental pieces as needed. Like so:
I said why, why am I treated so bad
I am the little red rooster, too lazy to crow for day
Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
In the middle of the forest there’s a clearing by a stream
Gloria in excelsis deo
They’re selling postcards of the hanging
As I walk through this wicked world
I live a simple life, I take a day at a time
Go ahead and talk about him because he makes you doubt
Well hello there
I got something for you, man
A friend of mine bought himself a shovel
I was there in my trailer down at the jobsite
This old heart's been left
I was a highwayman, along the coaches I did ride
I’ll admit I could feel it the first time that we touched
Somebody done been to the Wal-Mart
This is where the party ends
The piano has been drinking
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style