Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ain't nothin' in this world like a good fiddle

I can't say I care much for this music video, but I *love* this song from 2001, "Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show. OCMS' Ketch Secor based the song off a Bob Dylan bootleg riff, "Rock Me Mama." It doesn't take much to get it stuck in my head:



The Inland Northwest's own Jeremy McComb has covered this song country-style. I don't like the lyrical changes he made and it's a song best left to the folk and bluegrass crowd, but other than that, his version ain't bad.

2 comments:

Fred Schwartz said...

Well life on the farm is kinda laid back
Aint much an old country boy like me cant hack
Its early to rise, early in the sack
Thank God Im a country boy

Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm
A raisin me a family and workin on a farm
My days are all filled with an easy country charm
Thank God Im a country boy

Well I got me a fine wife I got me a fiddle
When the suns comin up I got cakes on the griddle
Life aint nothin but a funy funny riddle
Thank God Im a country boy

When the works all done and the suns settlin low
I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow
The kids are asleep so I keep it kinda low
Thank God Im a country boy

Id play sally goodin all day if I could
But the lord and my wife wouldnt take it very good
So I fiddle when I could, work when I should
Thank God Im a country boy

John Denver

Nathan Empsall said...

A different style, but still fun. :)