Saturday, August 16, 2008

Liveblogging Rick Warren's Forum

In the coming days, I'm still hoping to make that post about Jonathan Daniels, as well as post my Senate election predictions and continue my series of reviewing DC Episcopal churches. Today, however, my attention was at MyDD, which I've sadly neglected the last couple months.

Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church just wrapped up interviews with Barack Obama and John McCain at the California megachurch. I liveblogged the forum at MyDD, where you can read my minute-to-minute updates and thoughts:

Saddleback Concluding Thoughts
Liveblogging Warren and McCain
Liveblogging Warren and Obama

2 comments:

the cajun said...

W.E. I just finished reading these and all I can say is, WOW! Great job and I must say that I really liked your bits of " but I digress" thrown in. Other comments were on the mark, as well.
Theologically, we're pretty much on the same page. I've taken hits for my support of Liberation Theology, but that hasn't changed anything.
I am without a church family at present (by choice), but hope to get back in the near future. Just got tired of folks reading the words but neglecting to follow the teachings.
Now, don't be offended but I find it very hard to believe that you are only 21! you're an excellent writer and clearly have a grasp on the issues and what's important for our future as a nation.
Thanks for doing this for us all. It was enlightening and enjoyable. Oh, and did I mention refreshing?

Nathan Empsall said...

Cajun, you are far too kind! Thank you!!