Thursday, August 28, 2008

Beau and Joe Biden Speak to the Convention

This first clip from the Convention last night has a good biopic of Joe Biden, but more importantly, the introduction from Biden's soldier son Beau, which starts about four minutes in. Beau is the Delaware Attorney General and a member of the DE National Guard, and will likely deploy to Iraq in October. He is frequently mentioned as a possible replacement for his father in the Senate. I've met him, and he is absolutely as gracious as can be. I've got to say, though, I never realized before last night just how much he looks like Mark Warner. Anyways, a farmer friend from Iowa who worked and caucused for John Edwards text messeged me after Beau's speech: "That speech was amazing. Not gonna lie, my eyes werent dry."



And the man of the hour, Vice Presidential nominee and all-around good guy Joe Biden:

No comments: