Monday, July 07, 2008

More Mischief

I had intended to make my second post of the day a serious one, pondering the Archbishop of Canterbury's weekend sermon and GAFCON response. However, I had a rather productive day at work (yes, that's a good thing), and so there was no time for deep reflection. Thus, in the spirit of this morning's Bill Clinton joke, I am forced to have more fun with words.

I just learned the Bishop of West Tennessee is a man named Don Johnson. While I am sure Bishop Johnson is a wonderful person leading many vibrant ministries for the glory of God, I just can't get the thought of an ecclesiastical Miami Vice out of my head. Think about it - a man with his ring, miter, and crosier, bombing down a Florida highway in his fancy convertible, hot on the heels of lost souls.

Fans of Miami Vice, I beg you, forgive me for the horrible MS Paint job; Bishop Johnson, just plain forgive me.

No comments: