Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Steve Kelley Cartoons

Although this page started out 17 months ago as a Katrina recovery blog, it’s been a long time since I actually wrote about Katrina. It’s worth mentioning, then, that Steve Kelley ’81 has been visiting the College the last few days as a Montgomery Fellow. Kelley is not only a Dartmouth alum and a good guy, but a stand-up comic and the editorial cartoonist for the New Orleans Times-Picayune. I was unable to attend Kelley’s lecture yesterday, but I and about 15 other students did have dinner with him on Monday night. We talked a little about New Orleans, but most of the discussion and lecture focused on humor and comedy.

I frame this as a Katrina post because this, from January 15, 2008,, is my favorite Kelley cartoon:



For more Steve Kelley cartoons, see the Times-Picayune.

No comments: