Monday, April 02, 2007

A Prayer for Monday in Holy Week

Throughout the week, in addition to my New Orleans posts (of which I plan several), I will also post the Book of Common Prayer's suggested Collect for the day, it being Holy Week. Yesterday, instead of posting the BCP's prayer for Palm Sunday (the thought had not occured to me), I wrote my own. Here is the prayer for Monday in Holy Week:

Almighty God, whose dear Son went not up to joy but first he suffered pain, and entered not into glory before he was crucified: Mercifully grant that we, walking in the way of the cross, may find it none other that the way of life and peace; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

http://holycross-raleigh.org/bcp/220.html

2 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog

Earvolution said...

thanks for sharing these pictures, and of course, thanks for doing the great work you guys did. I don't live in NO, but believe we all benefit from service like this.